Even here at RoomMate Cabins many of us work from home, so we know first-hand what it’s like. There are great benefits, but there can also be some challenges.
Our customers know (and so do we) that working from home gives you greater flexibility, you can work around your family easier, and there's no commuting! Often successful working from home requires your own space. Working from a kitchen table or the corner of a bedroom is not optimal for running a home business. Distractions are numerous (not just kids and partners, but all of a sudden the house needs a total spring clean when you’re having a mental block with work!) And my personal favourite distraction is the fridge and coffee time!
We’ve had so many customers tell us what a difference having a cabin as a work space has
made in their lives. So, we thought it would be good to share some ideas they’ve shared with us.
- A cabin gives you your own space.
- You can decorate it the way you wish (check out our blog “How to decorate your cabin”).
- Clients or business meetings can be held there rather than inside your home.
- In a cabin you are “going to work”. It helps with that mind shift from being in home-mode to work-mode.
- Everything will be where you left it! It’s your space!
- At the end of the day you can “leave work”. It’s all too tempting to do a wee bit more when you can see it on the kitchen table.
- Distractions are minimised.
- No high city rental fees or commitment to office space.
- You can use it as a stepping-stone if you are thinking of going out on your own.
If you have a home-based business and struggling with not having your own space, or you are
thinking of starting one, then a cabin is a great option.
We’ve even got a video all about it. Take a look now and see if a RoomMate Cabin might work for you!